Inland Fisheries Research Station
Junagadh Agricultural University
Total area of farm is about 5.0 ha. There are y stocking ponds (100x30x1.5M). For water supply 5 bore wells have been made.
Faculty Profile :
Name & Designation
Prof. A. A. VyasAssociate Professor(D)
Research work :-
- Standardization of transport methods for the freshwater mussel Lamellidens spp.(Completed)
- Determination of suitable protein level for growth enhancement in Labeo rohita (Completed with a Recommendation for Fish farmers)
- Evaluation of Stocking density of Carp fry in Rearing pond (Completed with a Recommendation for Fish farmers)
- Study of density dependant growth and survival of Macrobrachium rosenbergii (On going)
- Effects of Pro-biotics on Survival, Growth and Biochemical Changes in Labeo rohita fry. (On going)
Publications : Leaflets : 4
- Attended Seminar on the theme "Marine Biodiversity" jointly organised by the Gujarat Biodiversity Board, Gandhinagar and the Gujarat Science City, Ahmedabad on the occasion of International Biodiversity Day on 22-05-2012. A paper on " Conservation and management of marine biodiversity for sustainable fisheries was presented in the seminar.
- Attended State level Seminar Jointly organized by Gujarat Council on Science and Technology, Gandhinagar and College of Fisheries, JAU, Veraval during 31-05-2014 on "Aquaculture in Gujarat - Status Prospects and Challenges" at College of Fisheries, JAU, Veraval and presented a talk on "Status of fish/shell fish hatchery in Gujarat"
- Attended Training programme on " prospects of Shrimp Farming" organized at Fisheries Research and Training Centre, JAU, Mahuva and delivered 3-talks on various aspects of shrimp farming to the participants on 24,25 -02-2015.
- Talk on "Matsyodhyog dwara swa-Rojgari" delivered in Orientation Programme arranged for State Extension functionaries in context to Krushi Mahotsav-2015
Extension Activities :
- Technical guidance to 356 farmers/ students extended for Inland fish farming, prawn farming and pearl culture.
- A farmer from Porbandar Started freshwater prawn culture in Gosa tukda and obtained 1250 kg prawn in his first crop. Another fish farmer Started fish farming during June-2013 at Talala gir after obtaining technical assistance from this Research Station.
- Attended Brain storming session on "Technology Solution in Aquaculture" organized by Gujarat Atate Biotechnology Mission (GSBTM), Gandhinagar on 18.11.2014
- Talks and demonstrations on various aspects of fish farming delivered to various groups of farmers by the in-charge of the Research Station.
- In Shrimp farming training conducted at Fisheries Research & Training Centre, Mahuva four lectures delivered during 24th to 25th February,2015
- PG Student of College of Fisheries, JAU, Veraval conducted research work on effect of formulated feed on growth and survival of Labeo rohita during July-Sept.2014.
- After completion of three years trial of technical programme "Detemination of suitable protein level for growth enhancement and survival of Labeo rohita" a recommendation for fish farmers was approved by combined joint AGRESCO in May 2013. A pamphlet in Gujarati showing the result and recommendation was printed for the distribution to the fish farmers.
- After completion of three years trial of technical programme "Evaluation of Stocking density of Carp fry in Rearing pond" a recommendation for fish farmers was approved by combined joint AGRESCO in May 2014. A pamphlet in Gujarati showing the result and recommendation was printed for the distribution to the fish farmers.